Monday 21 June 2010

Life is Good especially for the Wren!

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the air is fresh, and even getting back to work after a week's break in Wales, near the Elan Valley, is not so bad as I take a coffee break and sit on the swinging seat in the garden for a moment. A blackbird is building a nest under the arbour by the kitchen and a wren is busy preparing to nest in one of the two nesting boxes right outside my garden office window - yes, a wren, not the tit family as planned and who have raised there family nearby. Last year there was a brood of coal tits in the same box but this year they have decided to take lodgings elsewhere, leaving a vacancy - despite much examination and discussion. So it is great to see the latecoming wren showing considerable interest. I was most surprised and couldn't believe my eyes. Lots of stuff being taken in. Perhaps it was because I was away for a week and the garden was quiet that it decided to nest there. I do hope my presence will not put it off this week! As I sit at my desk I can watch the space near the box out of the corner of my eye. Oh yes, there you are again! Make the bed well!

No comments:

Post a Comment